Thursday, July 24, 2008

Orioles Rain...

Last night my dad and I hit up Camden yards again. It was Oriole magic night and they had the entire 83 team there to celebrate the last world series win. What a great night me my dad and the O's. I think when I look back on the summer that is gonna be what I remember most all of the time we got to spend at the ballpark. It's actually really cool in that I think somewhere over one of these games me and my dad have gone from close father/ son to really really good friends. What can I say I enjoy hanging out with the dude.





So anyway half way through the game it started raining. OK not normal raining but literally buckets and buckets of rain and lightning and thunder. Like rain for 40 days and 40 nights kinda rain. So into the tunnel we go. Well eventually we end up down under the upperdeck just sitting there drinking beers and BSing while watching the storm envelop The ballpark. It was a great night. I found out alot about my dad that I never knew. I also found out that my Grandpa worked 6 days a week and my dad really didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with his dad. I am very thankful for the time I get to spend with my family anymore. I guess I don't always realize how lucky I am for that opportunity. I miss Pittsburgh with every ounce of my being... but I have gotten alot closer with all of the members of my family this year and I am very thankful for that. I wonder if I can get all of them to move. :)



Time for the Drama.

Ok so we have recently gotten pretty close with a few of the people in our neighborhood. Well this dude Mark who is from Pittsburgh and an all around good guy is a teacher. With his summer off he has decided that he needs to get into great shape then spend as much time be it at the pool or running with his shirt off that he can. Needless to say he currently gets every chick in our communities juices flowin (if ya know what I mean) Well my wife has become friends with this one girl Shannon. Turns out Mark asked Shannon out. But they can't go out for like 3 weeks. Due to people being out of town and whatnot. In the meantime Mark has apparently spent the last two days spending time with Shannon's best friend who does have a name but for the life of me I cannot remember it. We shall henceforth call her girl B. Now this morning Shannon starts texting and calling my wife to vent about this development. Two things you need to know here. Shannon is pretty hot. Girl B is not so much. The other is that they both have kids and were supposed to get a house in Arnold together. Ohh and keep in mind Shannon has a great personality Girl B does not talk to me or the wife really so I am not confident assessing her personality. Ok well anyway The point of all this is that I keep getting asked for a guy's point of view. It has made me realize that it is a VERY good thing that I am happily married. In my eyes Mark had a situation in the future set up and girl B wanted to chill. So he was like yeah whatever I have the summer off and am not doing anything yeah lets have so lets have some beers or whatever. It turns out that I don't think the Girls see it that way. The thing kinda is is that there is NO way Mark could possibly be jeopardizing the thing with Shannon. She is a really good package. I have to believe that this was innocent just "hanging out with girl B"

Anyway that is the current Wysteria(Smithy Square) Drama. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. If Mark blows the Shannon thing he is an idiot. But what I am getting at is that being single would suck. I would hate it. I think that there is a romantic/sexy idea of hooking up with different people and dating and all ... I think that would suck. All the awkward moments and drama that come along with it, No thank you. I also would not want to come home to an empty house. I don't think being alone would suit me. I think it is like when My wife leaves town. I absolutely love it for like 2 days. Then I am done, I want my wife to get home. I hate being in my house alone. My friend Justin has a saying that he says all the time to justify his activities. Women are like dog poop the older they are the easier they are to pick up. His other one is "I do real good for a fat bald guy." Gotta give it up to the kid he does do good for bald fat kid. But even in our last conversation he was like ... The bar scene is getting old and people are annoying him in record time anymore. I Don't see how he has done it this long and now I kinda feel a bit bad for him. Having meaningless relationship after meaningless relationship has him at 30 and coming home to an empty house. He is a better person than me as I could have never done that. I love my wife and just having her around seems to make everything better. I don't know if anything would be any fun if I didn't have her to share it with. I guess people are moving away from the marriage thing and especially people my age. When I really sit down and think about it it seems like alot of people are skipping out on the marriage thing. Ohhh well different strokes for different folks I guess...
Dad

1 comment:

miss j said...

haha oka dr. phil loved that one.. it really cracked me up how you kept refering to the other girl as girl b. As for the shannon chick i thought that was the girl that was supposed to go out with me and nicole when we visted and we decided she was not so sweet? anyhow im ready for another visit! haha cannot wait til hockey season again, even if we lost some of the good players - we still got my hubby sid so hopefully he steps up and just f'ing own's this season! hope all is well =)